VEX works through an encrypted signature, by using federate nodes to validate and create a block.
VEX is based on the open code technology of Counterparty (XCP).
- It works through a private blockchain.
- Allows for multiple registry backups thanks to its P2P database.
- The connection between the backoffice, payment processor and frontend is protected by anonymity within the TOR network and public signature cryptography.
- The engine-supported currencies are represented internally as tokens.
- It can uphold tens of thousands of currencies and assets inside its database (Counterparty has more than 70 thousand).
- VEX has a well defined public API that allows developers to create tools for third parties that allow to execute trading bots and big data analysis.
- Allows divisibility up to 8 decimal positions.
- Allows to create non divisible pairs, ideal for shares and other financial instruments.
- The wallets operations are done from the XCP.Host servers and the deposits are automatically distribu ted to the cold wallets depending on how much liquidity the clients wants.
- There is a blockchain explorer using the xchain.io, that allows to see transactions with detail.
- VEX security design causes that if there is a breach in the front end it won’t affect the backend servers where value is stored.
- User data is stored in the back office system and not kept in the front end.
- Users database does not possess identifying information about them. It is impossible for attackers to use public server information to compromise the users.
- The front end has the capacity for infinite horizontal scale, so it does not matter the amount of clients, it can always grow to take care of all of them adequately.
- The back end does not have a central failure point, and if required by the client, there can be multiple backends in case of needing redundancy.
- The information available at the back office prevents for malicious actors to obtain compromising information about the users.
- Due to a 3 level cold wallet scheme, there is a mechanism to mitigate the impact of a breach in the backend servers.
- Balanced public group with the image docker VexUI (includes MondoDB database).
- Private blockchain instances with access to the provider's endpoint.
- Vex-lib instances executing in synchrony with the private blockchain (docker images are provided).
- Database prepared with access to the private endpoint to the operating office of the exchange.
- Private endpoint database access to the operating office of the exchange for the administration of KTC and clients deposits.
- Equipment executing the exchange private blockchain between the cloud and provider's premises.
- Equipment executing the monitoring software of the operations executing in the private blockchain, with an early alert system and extraordinary operations.
- Locked cold wallet equipments with duplicates outside the office in a vowel.
- Administration equipment to the users deposit processing.
Recommended equipment for the Exchange offices:
- 1 AiO Core i5/Ryzen 5 computer + 1TB hdd + 16gb RAM + Monitor UWHD.
- 2 Core i5/Ryzen 5 laptops with 1TB hdd + 16gb RAM.
- 3 or more hardware wallets with cryptocurrency support.